Why do I have acne on my jawline?
(If you haven’t read the introduction to facemapping, please grab that here. It explains my obsession with facemapping in more detail, and why the following article is so important and hopefully, extremely helpful for you!)
My experience with chin/jawline acne basically lasted the entire time I had acne:
Oh my, I could go on forever about the zits I had on my chin and jawline growing up.
I got my period when I was 9 – I know, yes, super young. And around that time, I had terrible, TERRIBLEEEE acne all along my jawline.
In my mid 20s, I had terrible, terrible cystic acne underneath my jaw. If you got up close and looked under my chin, you’d see awful, awful cysts. So painful too. (I was also training to be a fitness instructor around that time ….and as extreme exercise can sometimes contribute to hormonal acne problems, this type of acne made sense.)
Facemapping for jawline acne:
Hormones are a tricky thing, my love.
When I first got my period, jawline acne was the first type I struggled with. This makes sense when we consider that I was probably experiencing massive hormonal changes.
I also struggled with hormonal acne throughout my entire twenties – I had gone on and off every birth control you could possible imagine (all to manage my skin) so I’m pretty sure my hormones were epically and royally EFFED at that point.
Hormonal/jaw acne was one of the trickiest areas to fix, so read below for my best tips/ideas for you.
What you can do to start to heal your jawline/chin acne from the inside-out.
- Do some research on the supplements estroblock, milk thistle, chaste berry/ vitex agnus castus herbs. I can’t tell you which supplement is right for you (I am not a doctor), but these supplements have been known to help female hormonal acne especially. Do some research, and try out a few different supplement combinations – you might be pleasantly surprised by what you find! Also, check out this article on how to treat acne after stopping the birth control pill.
- Add in some Omega 3s and 6s – which are great at lowering cholesterol and inflammation which helps with hormonal issues. Grab a list of vitamins for acne here too.
- Grab a probiotic, as I mentioned here. It will seriously help you start to balance out your digestive system a bit – which, surprisingly, will help your hormones balance.
- Start to cut out artificial sugars. If you’re just getting into your acne healing journey, you’ll be surprised to know that artificial sugar can impact your acne – on a hormonal level – quite strongly. Read more on what to do if you still have acne even though you’re doing everything right.
- Read this article on what to do about acne after the birth control pill. It’s really informative and will give you some awesome action steps.
Which action step will you take? Leave a comment below.
P.S. Love the idea of facemapping for your acne? Grab a full guide here.